Wednesday, April 3, 2013

I kept getting this same set of words thrown at me:  I was handling my divorce as a vindictive mean witch hunt, my behavior was horrible, I was trying to punish my husband's family, I was going to put my husband in a mental institution and lock him away.  

My behavior was not ANYTHING. I did NOTHING to ANYONE.   I was dragging the Blank's family name through the mud. etc. etc.  And so, what exactly DID I DO???  I never said anything to anyone. I left my home because my husband's behavior was abusive, mean, and I thought I was going to lose my mind.  That is WHAT I DID.  And, I failed to recognized that he was manipulating me and that he told his family things about me to ensure they were angry at me, rather than take responsibility for what HE had done to ME. (And our son.) 

1)  Our son NEVER abused his father, he never hit him, he never called him names, he never DID Anything abusive to his father. (a lie I heard from my husband, and then his sister, and his attorney.)
FALSE

2) I was having an affair.  Another lie I heard from others over and over. I NEVER HAD AN AFFAIR OR EVEN CONSIDERED IT, EVER. In fact, I never dated or saw any other men even when were separated.
FALSE.

3)  I had abused my husband.   I NEVER abused my husband. I called him a bastard after he had hit our son, and another time after he had called him a bastard. Two times, I called him a bastard.  What I did do, also, was clean him up when he had accidents, took him to Dr. appointments.  Made sure he was cared for when he had bad days.  I made sure his every NEED was met.   I NEVER HIT HIM, I never tormented him, I never said mean things to him just to make him do what I wanted.
FALSE

4)  I was trying to PUNISH his family?  Not so. I was trying to protect our son and protect myself. Who was I married to anyway?  PUNISH for what? This is just so stupid.
FALSE

5) I was going to lock my husband up in a mental institution.  Not true, far from the truth. I obtained a court ordered evaluation on my husband because I was at my last resort. I wanted him to get help. His personality would change in front of my eyes. He had a blank look in his eyes as if he had no soul. He looked as if he would kill me. He was threatening me, tormenting me, and then acting perfectly normal when other people were around.  He chased me to my car, he pinned his wheelchair *electric wheelchair that weighed over 300lb. pressing his legs against my car and hit the window right where my face was. He waited for me to come home from work so he could torment me.  He spent hours on the phone with his sister telling her lies. I heard him, and our children heard him. He did things to me and said things I would prefer not to say.  The Dr. told me I had two choices, have him removed from our home or obtain the evaluation. I chose the evaluation because I thought it would force him to get help.  There is NO WAY I could have put him away anywhere, even if I had wanted to.  The law only allows the hospital to keep a person for three days.
FALSE

Ok, I am getting a little angry, and I do think I had a right to be angry about what happened the last seven years.  All based on lies.  Who was the vindictive person trying to punish me?  I think that is more like what happened.  It's funny so many knew so much about me and what I thought.  How do they know? Where were they? NO where until they believed the lies.  It's also funny how these people only come together when they want to find fault with someone else.  So, in that sense, I totally understand how my  husband ended up being the way he was. He didn't know any better.  He lived it growing up.  The same thing he did to me, he had been taught that this was acceptable behavior. 

I think the "Punish" statement came from my ex-mother in law.  She victimized herself and blamed me also.  I wasn't punishing her or anyone else. I was just trying to protect my son and myself. Period. THE TRUTH. I DID NOTHING WRONG TO ANYONE EXCEPT TO MYSELF.  The only person I HURT WAS ME. That is the TRUTH. No lies from me, ever.

No comments:


Followers